Available in Standard or Metric
Internal HI-LO Gauge
4 quick steps check internal alignment
- Unlock the retaining screw. Press the gauge legs beyond the barrel.
- Insert the legs (wires) into the root gap space or the two pieces of pipe to be fitted. Turn the gauge 90°, being careful to apply a constant back pressure to the barrel.
- Hold the gauge as square as possible with the fitting to obtain an accurate reading. Lock the retaining screw. Reverse the 90° turn and remove the gauge. You are now ready to read the increment opposite the red line.
- When the red line aligns with the 1/32 increment line you have a good internal alignment and fit-up. Misalignment can be determined from the zero line by increment markings of 1/16 inch
Root weld Spacing Gauge
Easy operation determines rootweld spacing.
- Unlock the retaining screw and insert the gauge interior alignment stops between the two pieces of pipe to be fitted.
- Insert the leg with the longer taper into the root gap until it makes contact with both sides of the gap.
- Re-lock the retaining screw, remove the gauge and read it.
- The scale is calibrated in fractional dimensions from 1/32 to 3/16 in 1/16 inch increments. The read-out you receive represents the amount of rootweld gap.
|GAL-2||Standard Econo HI-LO Gauge|
|GAL-2M||Metric Econo HI-LO Gauge|